Facilitating Conversations - PT 1: Setting up for Success
Time & Location
About The Event
Facilitation skills are vital for customer advocates to enable collaborative processes and decision-making. Their absence is often marked by ineffective conversations, reinforcement of existing power structures, ways of thinking and working.
In this CX Collective training seminar, join experience designers, coaches, product managers and team leads in a 90mins deep dive into the first element of good facilitation practice: preparation. In this skills focussed seminar, learn how to prepare better for meaningful group conversations like workshops, sprints, meetings and presentations and help groups navigate towards meaningful outcomes, shared language and better working relationships.
Through hands-on exercises and group discussion you'll explore:
- Your role as a facilitator
- Your personal preparation style (and what other options you didn't know you had)
- The core elements of facilitation preparation
- How to set up for facilitation success (and where your delivery likely breaks down if you haven't prepared right)
- The most common misconceptions and downfalls when preparing for facilitation sessions
You'll take away:
- approaches that help you prepare successfully for the most common facilitation contexts
- reflections on your own biases and facilitation preparation patterns
- connections with other facilitators, shared experiences, tips & tricks
- answers to your most burning facilitation questions
- Templates, tools and ideas to think through and plan your next facilitation session with confidence
Who should attend:
- Professionals who rely on facilitation to support their core role
- Junior-intermediate experience designers and coaches
- Product owners and managers who want to lead a more collaborative product practice
Optional: BYO facilitation scenarios and workshop them through with others in the room.
8:00am - Doors open for networking
8:30am - Training Seminar begins
10:00am - Training Seminar ends
6:00am - Doors open for networking
6:30am - Training Seminar begins
8:00am - Training Seminar ends
About your trainers
Sarah Clearwater - Head of Community, Design Strategist & Coach, Director
Sarah is a Design Strategist with over 12 years’ experience facilitating large scale design and innovation projects in Europe, the UK and New Zealand using her anthropology and human systems background. Through her boutique agency REFRAMR, she co-creates customer-led business and service futures built with creativity, empathy and joy. As the founder of the CX Collective, Sarah hold space for a community of over 5000 customer advocates, committed to helping organisations shift focus from profit to people and curates the strategic direction for the capability and impact growth of our collective practice.
Baruk Jacob - Capability Lead, Coach, Catalyst
Baruk is a Capability Designer with 20 years experience in instructional design, facilitation and training management in private and public sector organisations. Most recently, he worked as a Service Coach at Auckland Libraries and is currently Capability Lead for the Auckland Co-Design Lab. Baruk is a Certified Scrum Master and has just started his Phd studying emotional capability in innovation contexts.
All of our seminars run on an interactive conference platform that allows you to connect and network in your own time. Join us for this event to experience 'virtual in-person' networking for yourself!
1 hour 30 minutes
- Standard Ticket$30GST included$30GST included0$0
- Student / unwaged$15GST included$15GST included0$0