Design Resilience Seminar Series
Time & Location
About The Event
What it is
A multi-part seminar series with industry leaders to grow your design practice and build resilience in your thinking and application of human centred design. Each seminar is structured to help you make connections, learn something new and experiment with a new tool, approach or framework before applying it at work. All our seminars are hands-on, practical learning experiences and are targeted towards customer advocates who are committed to designing for human need and customer benefit.
Who it is for
- Experience designers
- Design team leaders
- Design Strategists
- Customer advocates
- Intrapreneurs, keen to explore new perspectives and tools for human centred change
- Independent contractors and consultants, looking to build their practice edge
How it works
Each seminar lasts 90mins and is structured to help you make connections, learn something new and experiment with a new tool, approach or framework before applying it at work. We host them via Zoom and the content is recorded.
As each Seminar is hosted we also send you an On-Demand Learning module straight to you inbox, this includes a recording on the presentation and the key learnings and takeaways from each session so you will never miss out!
Seminar Leaders and topics include
Seminar 1: May 2020 (recording available from 26 May)
- Shane Ngan, Senior Advisor (Design), Department of Internal Affairs
- Naomi McNae, Senior Service Designer, Department of Internal Affairs
- Sophie Arnold, Graduate Service Designer, Department of Internal Affairs
- Armic Esferhani, Associate Director - Experience Design, IBM iX
- Fabian Faes, Senior Consultant - Experience Design, IBM iX
Seminar 3: July 2020 (in collaboration with Techweek)
- Alejandro Davilla, Founder, Conical
Seminar 4: August 2020
- Sam Lake, Senior Management Consultant, Accenture Singapore
Seminar 5: September 2020
- Sebastian Vetter (Ph.D), Innovation Consultant and Innovate Strategy and Cultural Hacker, Hacking Cultural Beliefs Germany
Seminar 6: October 2020
- Stephanie Creasey, Tribe Lead - Everyday Banking, ANZ
Proposed topics include:
Inclusive design research, design ethics in times of financial constraints, designing through and out of crisis, strategic vs tactical design decisions, designing rapidly at scale across organisational silos in times of uncertainty, emerging technologies to augment and transform customer experiences.
Specific topics to be announced with each monthly seminar.
What you’ll get:
- Access to 6+ seminars, led by industry leaders in NZ and overseas, to build your practice resilience
- Save 35% off the regular ticket price
- Access to curated On-Demand learning videos based on the seminars to revisit the content in your own time
- A dedicated learning artefact to work on alongside each On-Demand learning video
- Industry news, trend and insights straight to your inbox
- Connect with a 4000+ strong community of experience designers and customer advocates
- Invitations to community networking events
- Discounts to partner workshop and events
If you do not receive a confirmation email after registering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seminar Series$129GST included$129GST included0$0
- Seminar Series (Team)$599GST included$599GST included0$0